Solar Sales Engineer
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), a cluster under ENGIE Asia-Pacific, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Gas Distribution where currently we own a 40% stake in PTT NGD in Thailand, a business of gas distribution to the industrial sector.
- Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) in Singapore.
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a Solar Sales Engineer, you will provide site-specific analysis of solar projects as well as take the lead in the design of unique solar systems for commercial and industrial customers. Generating a pre-sale quotation of viable solar systems for the sales team to generate proposals for customers.
Upon successful team appraisals, the role will allow you to grow into Operations Manager or Business Development Manager;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Business Development Team with the preparation of sales proposals and tender preparation ensuring ENGIE offers meet customers’ requirements and expectations.
- Manage detailed layout design for ENGIE’s development pipeline of solar energy projects. Evaluate project siting constraints, solar module, inverter, and racking technologies, BOS (balance of system) considerations, and solar resource data to maximize project value.
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts.
- Work with the structured finance team to provide responses to lender and independent engineer due diligence questions throughout the project financing process.
- Manage relationships with various equipment vendors, contractors, and third-party engineering firms. Collaborate with third party experts to identify key trends in the industry and facilitate training opportunities for the project engineering team.
- Manage the regional pipeline of leads and contracts
- Support Project Management Team during the implementation of the project.
- Education: Master degree in engineering field or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical sales with track record of success, Solar is a plus.
- Certification/Training/Languages: Fluent English required; regional languages a plus
- Utilize performance modeling software such as PVsyst and Helioscope to prepare project energy yield assessments and desktop reports.
- MS office suite
- Professional project management software
OTHER SKILLS AND STYLE CRITICAL TO SUCCESS
- Pragmatic thinker by default
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Operates in accordance to 80/20 principle and set own priorities to meet your objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Understands complexity of a Multinational cooperation but willing to accept startup ambiguity of the newly developed department.
- Positive attitude and relationship builder to interact with internal and external business stakeholders to deliver bottom line results
- Passionate about clean technology and energized by its complexity.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Solar Sales Engineer(SEA)