Solar Project Engineer
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA) is a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Gas Distribution where currently we own a 40% stake in PTT NGD in Thailand, a business of gas distribution to the industrial sector.
- Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) in Singapore.
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To grow its footprint in South East Asia, ENGIE is to hire a Solar Project Engineer to join its regional Renewable Energy Team.
The Project Engineer is responsible for design, BQ calculation, project site coordination, statutory applications, site reporting, scheduling, and budget control of commercial and utility-scale solar construction projects and ensure that milestones and deliverables are met through the life of the project.
The Project Engineer has to be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of development and construction.
The successful candidate should have experience in engineer or construction fields, familiar with solar general practices and technologies, and with a track record of engineering work and involvement in construction projects.
- Day to day management of assigned projects
- Understands the process of local authority submissions for various types of solar installation projects
- Quality checking of relevant designs
- Inspection of site progress and reporting
- Project scheduling
- Conducting site surveys and leading the site team in engineering matters
- Reporting to Project Manager and fulfilling project duties
- Producing project plans and project milestones
- Liaising with stakeholders to align the expectation of the project.
- Coordination of permitting for projects.
- Assist in the development and engineering to develop preliminary design budget.
- Support bid packages and procure materials and services as needed.
- Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during each project.
- Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
- Maintaining records and databases
Experience and Interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of Project Engineering process.
- Ability to problem solve both personnel issues and project issues
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills with constant attention to details.
- Self-disciplined and result-oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Education: Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in electrical engineering field or equivalent
- 1-3+ years’ experience in solar or renewable project management with track record of success
- Certification/Training/Languages: Fluent English required; regional languages a plus
- MS office suite
- AutoCAD, PVsyst
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com, quoting reference Solar Project Engineer (SEA)