Regional Operations & Maintenance Senior Engineer, Assets Performances Utilities Plants
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Off-grid solutions to manage the demand-side of the Energy : Micro-grid, on-site Energy production (Biogas, Biomass, Electrical batteries, EV charging, Fuel-cells, Hydrogen…)
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
Hierarchically to the Deputy Chief Technical Officer – Asset Performances Management (APM) Director - based in Kuala Lumpur
The O&M Senior Engineer shall lead and support the SEA entities Operation and Maintenance teams for the improvement of the performances of assets utilities plants (DCS-Chilled water, Solar, Steam, compressed air) which are located on several sites in Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines ENGIE entities:
- Harmonizing, implementing, monitoring and reporting of technical & financial performances KPI
- Initiating, coordinating and implementing assets performances improvements projects
- Reviewing, improving or defining the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) service provision sourcing strategy taking into account the sites contractual requirements
- Reviewing, improving or defining Operational processes and insuring implementation on sites
- Reviewing, improvement or defining Maintenance processes (Corrective-Troubleshooting, Condition based, Preventive) and insuring implementation with digital tools (CMMS, Smart O&M, iBMS),
- Organizing knowledge transfer, cross fertilization, learning and training for the SEA O&M teams
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess the sites utilities plants performances (Efficiency, availability, profitability, maintainability, operability) and the associated KPI relevance ; adjust or develop, setup others necessary KPI’s
- Assess the sites organisation & competencies, propose development-evolution plans to the entities management teams
- Drive, coordinate, implement assets plants Performance audits with local sites teams
- Propose, study, coordinate and implement assets performance improvement projects with the related technical financial studies
- Propose, study, coordinate the improvement of assets instrumentation, control regulation and related systems (SCADA, EMS, BMS) enabling O&M effectiveness and decision making,
- Assess and improve the Maintenance strategies (outsourced, insourced), the related Standards Operating Procedures (SOP), to ensure standard rise and continuous improvement,
- Assess and improve the Operation strategies (sequencing, load management), the related SOP, to ensure standard rise and continuous improvement,
- Propose and implement quality plans and Ensure SOP comply with company safety, quality, environmental policies
- Define, elaborate, organise Learning programs and contribute to the delivery of such programs to SEA O&M teams
- External : Suppliers, Contractors, Equipment manufacturers, services providers, consultants
- Internal : Regional Technical office team, local entities from Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia teams for Operation & Maintenance, Energy management, Digital solutions, Business development.
- Degree in Thermal, Mechanical, electrical engineering or equivalent
- Additional specialisation, certificate in chemical engineering will be an advantage
- Past experience of at least 12 years as Maintenance Senior Engineer or Assistant Manager or as Operation & Maintenance Assistant Manager in private sector Thermal power plants or steam Plants.
- Demonstrated results in driving small direct report and transversal teams to achieve utilities systems performances improvement
- Knowledge in other Energy utilities in industrial sectors (Solar, Chilled Water, Compressed Air) or commercial sector would be an advantage.
- Ability to work (speak, read, write) fluently in English
- Good knowledge in IT tools , SCADA, EMS and BMS
- Strong knowledge in instrumentation, control, regulation & automation systems
- knowledge and experience in water treatment plant would be an advantage
- Organized, rigorous, analytical with strong synthesis skills
- Practical, field-oriented person with a relentless follow-up & achievement mindset
- Communicative, active personality and team spirit person
- Skills in listening, time management and multi-tasking in a rapid changing work environment
- Ability to show initiative, build up improvement road maps, good written and oral communication.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com, quoting reference “Regional Operations & Maintenance Senior Engineer, Assets Performances Utilities Plants, ENGIE SEA”.