Senior Manager, Regional Marketing & Communications
ENGIE group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. Our purpose is to act to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral world, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally friendly solutions, reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet.
At ENGIE South East Asia, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing & Communications & Data Centres, the Senior Manager, Regional Communications is entrusted with responsibility to drive, manage, and deliver external and internal communications in accordance with the overall strategic communications plan.
The primary role of the incumbent is to develop effective communications that enable all stakeholders to comprehend and be aware of our corporate strategy, business objectives and priorities, thought leadership and value proposition, brand identity and promise, corporate social responsibility & partnerships, employee engagement and organizational changes.
This individual will be working independently while collaborating with ENGIE Group, ESEA HQ, business leaders, country communications and internal functional leads to ensure strategic and operational alignment for all aspects of communications and joint-hands in amplifying and elevating ENGIE’s business and presence in the region.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will be responsible for designing and executing an integrated marketing and communications program across multiple market units - taking charge in driving, supporting and advising on internal and external communications, including communications planning, media relations & agency, speaking opportunities, events & sponsorships, marketing partnership to support business development, business merger & acquisitions support including JVs and partnerships, communications channels selection & media monitoring, budgeting & expenditure, and report management.
Internal Communications / Employee Communications
- Implement a regional employee communications plan that strengthens ENGIE’s culture and employee engagement by keeping employees informed and engaged with clear, purposeful, and strategic content.
- Support management, business leaders and functional leads in:
- identifying needs, objectives, and strategies for development of internal communications, including but not limited to key business issues (e.g., crisis communications), key business transformation, and organizational change management projects.
- developing internal communications that focuses on clear, concise, consistent, timely and effective messaging for employees to keep them abreast of company plan and direction, management message, as well as key organizational and functional announcement (eg. HR, HSSE, Ethics & Compliance, Business Development, Marketing, etc) to cater for the target regional market units and audience.
- Drafting of scripts, speeches, correspondences, and presentation materials to best serve the needs and purpose of internal communications.
- Plan, conceptualize, propose and implement appropriate delivery channel and feedback mechanism, be it through virtual, digital or otherwise, such as Townhalls, coffee chats, video production, social media platforms such as yammer, email, newsletter, events, functions, and so on.
- Assist as conduit to cascade, promote and disseminate appropriate internal communication from ENGIE Group to ensure alignment with the global strategy, consistent messaging, uphold brand identity, compliance with corporate guidelines such as gifts & sponsorships, foster common culture, identity and engagement, and upkeep positive brand positioning.
- Serve as a responsive, quality-focused, positive, and trusted partner for communications needs with all internal stakeholders throughout the region.
External Communications – Public/Media/Customer Relations
- Manage and support the execution of external communications in accordance with the strategic communications plan, including authority & public relations, social & media relations, executive thought leadership, customer and business partnership, supply chain relations, crisis communications and global responsibility.
- Ensure alignment with the ENGIE's strategic direction across all of the region’s external communications channels to ensure consistent messaging and positive brand positioning.
- Work collaboratively with all SEA and APAC regional communications teams to enhance efforts to generate favorable opinion about our market and positioning in the region, and garner local and regional media attention to bring about market thought leadership, positive brand image and drive business development opportunities.
- Support management, business leaders and functional leads in:
- identifying needs, objectives, and strategies for development of external communications, including but not limited to key speaking opportunities, interviews, social media profiling, events, functions & sponsorships, business development, customer & business partnerships, marketing, branding, corporate social responsibility, crisis communications, and so on.
- planning for industry/event speaking and keynote management opportunities, liaison with event organizers on all aspects of logistics, and preparation of the relevant draft and relevant background information.
- developing external communications that focuses on clear, concise, consistent, timely and effective external best-in-class messages, interviews, correspondences, digital & social engagement, and presentation materials that cater for the target regional market units and audience.
- Work with the appointed PR agency to
- lead the preparation and distribution of company news and information to regional business and trade media outlets, and in development of media relations plans.
- assist in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with media on media information request, gain positive coverage and promote ENGIE leaders as market thought leadership and business development opportunities.
- create thought leadership strategy for awareness in the media ensuring the overarching ENGIE priorities are adhered to, to deliver a rolling momentum of media coverage and message penetration.
- engage and manage external agencies, providing clear, concise, consistent, and top-quality drafts of press releases, scripts, speeches, interviews, messages, presentation materials and so on that are in congruent and alignment with regional and local messages
- provide media training for business leaders and industry subject matter spokespeople
- build and strengthen a personal network of regional/national media contacts
- Build strong collaboration with Business Development and Marketing team across the region to leverage, co-create and amplify impactful customer communications and customer stories through various platforms be it video, email, letters and personal interactions gearing towards customer satisfaction and generate potential business leads.
- Identify, evaluate, drive, and encourage the continued evolution and adoption of digital communication tools (e.g., Sprinklr, Poppulo, SharePoint, Everbridge) that support ENGIE's communication and business priorities.
Social Media & Communication Management
- Keep abreast of key trends and industry issues to ensure timely and relevant interaction and adaptation.
- Autonomy with creation and posting to ensure momentum of ENGIE and industry content being distributed to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create employee awareness and ensure adhere to Social Media & External Communication policy to avoid pitfall in communication, adversity in brand impact and litigation issues.
Branding, Corporate Social Responsibility & Partnership
- Assist in supporting brand activation events and activities to elevate our brand awareness and positioning in the region and in alignment with the global ENGIE brand to support our business objectives.
- Support in CSR and partnership initiatives, including stakeholders mapping and strategic partnerships for sustainable development demonstrable through our know -how to address and facilitate access to energy solutions for the larger community.
Support for Business Merger & Acquisition, JV and Partnership
- Provide communications support and integration on possible business merger and acquisitions, including joint-ventures and partnership projects to reach the set objectives and goals.
- Work closely with project teams to create content, identifying media opportunities and liaison with counterpart on all external related communications.
- Proactive in participation of communications or cross-functional projects, as and when assigned, to broaden business acumen and people interaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing Communications or related field of study. Master’s Degree will be added advantage.
- More than 10+ years of relevant deep work experience as professional communicator. Understanding of energy market and industry trends preferred.
- Proven end-to-end management experience, spanning both in depth and breadth in communications from planning, execution to delivery. Previous experience in agency with account management experience preferred.
- Experience in communications with more than one influencer type; media, bloggers, analysts, governments officials, and employees
- Strong proficiency and native in English language, preferably bilingual with another language(s) proficiency - Chinese, Malay, Bahasa, Tagalog, French, etc
- Outstanding presentation and communications skills – both written and spoken, deliver professionally with impact in appropriate content and context.
- Excellent copywriting, proof reading, editing, creative story-telling and consultative advisory skills.
- Deep skill in Microsoft Office suite and digitally savvy in social media, social networking, intranet, forums, online collaboration, videography, graphical design, and analytical tools.
- Excellent portfolio of media relations and professional network with proven record in maintaining and sustaining close public and media relations.
- Good team player and an individual contributor with career ambition to take on higher roles and responsibilities in future. Possess strong business acumen, agility, and ability to navigate well in a highly matrixed organization.
- Motivated, self-driven with good work planning, organization, and time management skills. Proactive, ownership, results-oriented, sense of urgency, committed and highly dependable.
- Pleasant personality and disposition, professional etiquette, good emotional quotient, resilience, interpersonal relations, collaboration, and stakeholder engagement skills. Adaptive to cultural diversity and inclusivity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight timeline, strong planning, multi-tasking, prioritization, and negotiation skills is highly anticipated. Ability to deal with ambiguity and influence cross-function teams is highly important.
- Occasional business travel in South East Asia countries may be required.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Senior Manager, Regional Marketing & Communications (SEA)