Legal Counsel, Renewable Energy
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Off-grid solutions to manage the demand-side of the Energy : Micro-grid, on-site Energy production (Biogas, Biomass, Electrical batteries, EV charging, Fuel-cells, Hydrogen…)
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide legal advice on all contracts and projects for the company in region with a strong focus on renewable energy
- Provide legal support to the company when the company participates in tenders or when the company organizes tenders
- Provide the legal support for internal approval process of projects (i.e. drafting legal memo, participating to project review meetings) and ensuring compliance of the projects with the relevant policies
- Corporate housekeeping
- Assets performance monitoring
- Contracts implementation and management
- Conduct relevant checks on counterparties
- Drafting and implementing policies
- Handle compliance matters
- Ensure adequate legal reporting and sharing of knowledge in corporation within the legal line
- Manage the external lawyers appointed for projects
- Legal research
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when assigned
- Bachelor degree in law or equivalent qualification.
- 8 –15 years of Post-Qualified Experience (PQE)
- Top tier corporate law firms experience
- Prior in-house experience
- Cross border experience
- Experience in Power Purchase Agreements, Equipment Leasing Agreement, rooftop leasing, joint venture agreement, tender submissions to the clients, tender organisations to the subcontractors
- Well verse with EMA and all other relevant rules and regulations in Singapore
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Extraordinary attention to details and diligent. Independent, ability to challenge status quo and think outside of the box
- Qualified and called to either Singapore/ Malaysia
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com, quoting reference Legal Counsel, Renewable Energy (SEA)