Lead Energy Project Developer
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), a cluster under ENGIE Asia-Pacific, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Gas Distribution where currently we own a 40% stake in PTT NGD in Thailand, a business of gas distribution to the industrial sector.
- Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) in Singapore.
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
ABOUT THE POSITION:
ENGIE is looking for a dynamic and outgoing Lead Energy Project Developer to reinforce our Regional team to support the development of projects in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand.
You will join ENGIE in a region in fast expansion and get to be part of a multi-national dynamic business development team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and follow-up a pipeline of energy efficiency projects,
- Manage internal (Technical, Finance & legal team) and external stakeholder (engineering firm, EPC contractor…) to develop the project from client engagement to commercial closure,
- Collaborate within Local and regional Business Development team to develop multiple solutions for customers
- Steer internal approval processes in close collaboration with Technical, Financial and Legal teams,
- Innovate with technical and business approaches to better answer to client concerns and requirement
- Work with internal expertise teams from around the world to develop best in class solutions within the region
- Support the development of large-scale complex project,
- Represent ENGIE “zero-carbon” strategy to the market.
- Interface with ENGIE R&D “lab“ on the development of new technical solutions to increase ENGIE competitive edge on medium term
- Technical background with strong commercial and business development acumen,
- General technical skills and capable to interface with technical teams and contractors,
- Strong communication skills and capable of interfacing with clients at management level,
- Good understanding of the energy efficiency project development phases,
- Experienced in industrial projects,
- Knowledgeable on project financial modelling,
- Good understanding of South East Asia energy markets and working cultures
- Excellent professional writing and presentation skills,
- Regional network of contractors, engineering firms and / or OEMs,
- Excited about decarbonisation and energy efficiency technologies,
- Fluent in English both in writing and presentation.