Junior Solar Engineering Engineer
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA) is a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Engineering Team with preparation of the technical design of solar photovoltaic systems, which includes performing layout design, single line diagram, curtailment analysis, and other engineering drawings using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Support the Business Development Team with the preparation of sales proposals and tender preparation ensuring ENGIE offers meet customers’ requirements and expectations.
- Support Project Management Team during the implementation of the project by reviewing EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) contractor engineering design.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance of the solar photovoltaic system.
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts.
- Manage detailed layout design for ENGIE’s development pipeline of solar energy projects. Evaluate project site constraints, solar module, inverter, and racking technologies, BOS (balance of system) considerations, and solar resource data to maximize project value.
EXPERIENCE AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Pragmatic thinker by default
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Operates in accordance to 80/20 principle and set own priorities to meet your objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Understands complexity of a Multinational cooperation but willing to accept startup ambiguity of the newly developed department.
- Positive attitude and relationship builder to interact with internal and external business stakeholders to deliver bottom line results
- Passionate about clean technology and energized by its complexity.
- Education: Bachelor’s in engineering field or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in engineering company with good track record, (experience in Solar PV system is a plus).
- Certification/Training/Languages: Fluent English required; regional languages a plus.
- Solar PV system modelling software such as PVsyst, SketchUp and Helioscope
- MS office suite
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Junior Solar Engineering Engineer (SEA)