Head of Renewables (South East Asia), Business Development
Renewables are forecasted to account for a quarter of all the world's power generation by 2020, and a third by 2040. At ENGIE, we are committed to doubling our installed renewable energy generating capacity to 16,000 MW by 2025.
To fuel our business growth and expansion, we are looking for a talented, dynamic and outgoing business development professional to join us at ENGIE South East Asia (https://www.engie-sea.com/) as Head of Renewables (SEA). Base in Singapore, the incumbent will oversee the South East Asia regional renewables teams in the region covering Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
- Define and own development strategy to develop large scale renewable energy platform across South East Asia.
- Originate and develop a pipeline of both Greenfield and Brownfield Renewable Energy projects to implement ENGIE large scale renewable energy strategy and ambitions.
- Manage a network of viable projects key stakeholders including landlords, contractors, brokers, bankers and so on
- Based on a set of investment criteria, shortlist projects for advanced development either through tenders or direct bi-lateral development.
- Coordinate internal stakeholders such as Finance, Legal, Ethics, Engineering and external stakeholders including Consultants, Authorities, and so on in all aspects of the business development cycle.
- Initiate commercial discussions with corporate and manage customer relationships.
- Manage the end to end commercial bid cycle including internal approvals and management of external bid documents and submission respectful of quality submission and meeting deadline.
- Oversee, build, and motivate a team of internal developers in Malaysia and Philippines to align with and support the development strategy.
- Scale the model through development of strong (local) partnerships which form a natural fit and are complementary to ENGIE’s strategy
- Implement Health and Safety procedures and ensure compliance for safety at work for all.
- Monitor and advise impact of regulatory changes in the market and wider ASEAN grid.
- Relevant strong understanding of the renewables industry, power markets and active network with key relevant players.
- Working knowledge of the relevant regulatory frameworks in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Good understanding of general transaction/bid management (managing internal resources/consultants/stakeholders) and adhering to transaction timeline.
- Multi-tasker with strong project management experience and proven capabilities including managing complex project development cycles with aggressive targets and deadlines. Experience in leading turnkey development from initiation to implementation.
- Strong financial and technical acumen; capable to lead and challenge project financially (capital structuring, financial modelling, and financial advisories) and technically (Consultants, Engineering and so on). Consolidation of complex projects structure and approval.
- Strong understanding of power project development (land, grid interconnection, permitting)
- Effective network built with Contractors, Banks, Investors, Landowners and Government Agencies and proven experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and cultures.
- Strong believer and compliance with Environment, Health & Safety and Business & Personal Ethics standards.
- Abreast about digitalisation, decarbonisation, energy efficiency and battery technology.
- Driven, goal-getter, team player, self-motivated, inspirational leadership, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Fluent in English; both written and spoken.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Occasional business travel, when required.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Head of Renewable