HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning) & DCS (District Cooling) Engineer
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Off-grid solutions to manage the demand-side of the Energy : Micro-grid, on-site Energy production (Biogas, Biomass, Electrical batteries, EV charging, Fuel-cells, Hydrogen…)
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main responsibilities for the following technical area:
- HVAC and Energy Efficiency,
- District Cooling (and potential District Heating systems in China),
- Lead HVAC Design Engineering Team (1 person) in charge of Conceptual Designs
- Review of hydraulic calculations of DCS
- Technical review of the retrofitting or greenfield projects proposed by the Business Development teams
- Arrange and supervise complete Energy Audits of Commercial buildings when needed
- Analyze Audits data to verify savings using spreadsheet-based energy calculation programs
- Establish the equipment specifications for the tendering process
- Propose robust and innovative Energy Efficiency solutions for chilled water and compressed air systems
- Act as leader to support Feasibility Studies and Commercial proposals in collaboration of SEA Head of DCS:
- Technical Feasibility Studies,
- Assessment of Efficiency, Capex and Opex
- Lead external resources when needed (ENGIE network, Consultants, Contractors, Suppliers etc…)
The role of the HVAC & District Cooling Engineer is:
- To take full technical ownership of complex chilled water and compressed air projects with the assistance of the design team
- To support the design team and review / validate the technical solutions offered to the client on all other projects.
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in Mechanical or Thermal Engineering with strong HVAC, DCS and Electrical Engineering knowledge
- 3 to 5-year experience in DCS Design, large scale building cooling systems or large-scale energy centres,
- Would be a plus: Experience in DCS Operation & Maintenance, good knowledge in control systems,
- Good financial/accounting knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of usual IT tools (Excel, Power BI, Word…) and Digital
- Organised, rigorous, ability for relationships and team working, preparing and making decisions, ability to show initiative and to summarize, good written and oral communication.
- Ability to uphold strong ethics and compliance, safety & health standards & compliance as well as quality standards.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com, quoting reference “HVAC & DCS Engineer”