Financial Advisor (Energy Solutions)
ENGIE is a world leader in low-carbon electricity production, centralized and decentralized energy networks, and associated energy efficiency services. The Group relies on its 4 key businesses - Renewables, Energy Solutions, Networks, Thermal & Supply, to help its customers meet their decarbonization goals. Part of the Energy Solutions business line, In Asia, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with headquartered in Singapore and support operations in Malaysia, Philippines and Australia.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Our purpose is to act to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy by providing tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally friendly solutions. The purpose brings together the company, its employees, its customers and its shareholders, and reconciles economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. ENGIE’s actions are assessed in their entirety and over time.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Off-grid solutions to manage the demand-side of the Energy : Micro-grid, on-site Energy production (Biogas, Biomass, Electrical batteries, EV charging, Fuel-cells, Hydrogen…)
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
Coverage of ES APAC countries with the mission of increasing the quality and standardization of our small-to-medium investments in Energy Efficiency and decentralized renewable projects as well as to manage investment processes within our geographies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Project Analysis for Energy Efficiency projects & Decentralized Renewables
- Projects valuation
- Risk analysis
- Fine tuning of Group's valuation models
- Close collaboration with local Business Development teams on commercial strategy, risk assessment
• Business Development Support & Oversight
- Management of ES APAC Commitment process (organization of Commitment Committees,
- ensure compliance of projects with Group investment guidelines...)
- Tracking of key projects (progress of development, budget spent, lookbacks,...)
- Liaison with ENGIE APAC teams
- To perform duties which are not mentioned above from time to time, but are necessary for the growth
- and fulfilment of the Company's requirements.
- To observe and adhere to all the Company's rules and regulations.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Engineering.
- Professional qualification such as CFA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CAIA, CA, or MBA is a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of proven relevant financial modeling experience in project finance, credit analysis, transaction advisory or corporate development in the Power or Infrastructure Sector
- Experience in the field of Energy Services activities and in financing of gas-fired, wind and solar power generation projects is a plus.
- Good understanding of financial, accounting and tax concepts (CAPM, IFRS, financial statements analysis, etc.).
- Strong business acumen to be able to act as respectful contrarian to challenge investment papers thoroughly, and value-add to the robustness and completeness of business proposals.
- Fluent spoken and written English is mandatory.
- French is a valuable asset.
- Proven flexible team player who works well with others, open to cultural diversity.
- Self-motivated, problem solving, strong personality and leadership, common sense, sense of humour.
- Ability to multitask and to work effectively under pressure.
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills, including ability to develop and maintain and use detailed, excel based, financial models.
- Ability to prioritize, distinguish the essential from the accessory, manage complexity.
- Perfect compliance with health & safety and ethical guidelines.
- Able to or willing to learn to use software such as PowerBI, cloud-based business process system.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com, quoting reference Financial Advisor (Energy Solutions).