Engineering Manager, Industrial Utilities
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Off-grid solutions to manage the demand-side of the Energy : Micro-grid, on-site Energy production (Biogas, Biomass, Electrical batteries, EV charging, Fuel-cells, Hydrogen…)
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
- Senior Engineering Manager, ENGIE South East Asia Regional Technical Office
Part of ENGIE SEA Regional Technical Office (RTO), the Engineering Manager (EM) will be in charge of technical input to business development and operations optimization activities in energy services for our industrial customers in SEA. The EM’s projects will cover efficient generation and distribution of industrial utilities (steam, hot water, chilled water, compressed air, refrigeration), industrial energy efficiency projects (heat recovery, VSD, control system optimisation, combined cooling, heating, and power), fuel conversion (e.g. to biomass), revamping of existing industrial utility systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect, analyse and interpret customer’s process and energy consumption data.
- Conduct site walk-through audits and manage energy data collection campaigns.
- Understanding the client’s requirements and drivers, define and evaluate energy efficiency projects.
- Design, model and optimise new or existing industrial energy systems, including:
- steam or hot water generation and distribution systems (gas or biomass fired boilers, heat pumps),
- cogeneration and tri-generation (IC engines, gas turbines, steam turbines, CCGT, Organic Rankine Cycles),
- chilled water systems (electric or absorption chillers),
- compressed air systems,
- heat recovery / heat exchangers
- Conduct feasibility studies, concept designs and front-end engineering designs of utility systems.
- Manage engineering consultants throughout all project phases.
- Draft and review control system philosophy.
- Manage engineering interfaces with customers, OEM’s, EPC’s, subcontractors.
- Draft technical specifications and equipment RFP’s.
- Liaise and coordinate with ENGIE local operational entities in Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines.
- Estimate project CAPEX and OPEX.
- Draft proposals, deliver presentations to new and existing customers, support BD’s in negotiations.
- Interact and coordinate with ENGIE Legal, Finance and Procurement teams.
- Liaise with Group HQ and Group experts as required.
- Review and draft technical inputs to project contracts (energy offtake agreements, EPC contracts, engineering consultancy agreements, OEM supply contracts, maintenance agreements)
- Establish and manage project risk registers.
- Support RTO colleagues, as required, on projects outside the Industry vertical.
- Bachelor / Master’s degree in process engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or similar
- Min. 7 years of experience in related engineering activities
- Strong skills in thermodynamics and energy systems modelling (e.g. using Thermoflow or others)
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Independence, autonomy, pro-activeness
- Post-covid: Mobile for short duration trips in SEA.
- The following skills would be an advantage:
- EEOA assessor accreditation
- Experience in Operations & Maintenance of industrial energy assets
- Understanding of accounting, discounted cash flow modelling and energy services business models
- Fluency in Bahasa, Tagalog or French will be an advantage
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference “Engineering Manager, Industrial Utilities, ENGIE SEA”.