Energy Project Developer
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Off-grid solutions to manage the demand-side of the Energy: Micro-grid, on-site Energy production (Biogas, Biomass, Electrical batteries, EV charging, Fuel-cells, Hydrogen…)
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
- Head of Business Development, Industry
ENGIE is looking for a driven and independent Energy Project Developer to enhance our regional team to support the development of projects in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Australia.
You will join ENGIE in a region in fast expansion and get to be part of a multi-national dynamic business development team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in establishing and follow-up a pipeline of energy efficiency projects,
- Manage internal (Technical, Finance & legal team) and external stakeholder (engineering firm, EPC contractor…) to develop the project from client engagement to commercial closure,
- Collaborate within local and regional business development team to develop multiple solutions for customers
- Steer internal approval processes in close collaboration with Technical, Financial and Legal teams,
- Utilise different technical and business approaches to better answer to client concerns and requirement
- Work with internal expertise teams from around the world to develop best in class solutions within the region
- 1-4 years’ experience of a technical background with good commercial and financial / contractual acumen.
- General technical skills capable to interface with technical / engineering teams and contractors,
- Knowledgeable on project contractual and financial aspect to interface with internal legal and finance team
- Strong communication skills and capable of interfacing with clients at at different working levels,
- Good understanding of the energy project development phases,
- Good understanding of South East Asia energy markets and working cultures
- Excellent professional writing and presentation skills,
- Regional network of contractors, engineering firms and / or OEMs is a strong advantage,
- Excited about decarbonisation and energy efficiency technologies,
- Fluent in English both in writing and presentation.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Energy Project Developer (SEA)