Environmental health and safety (EHS) Manager (Multi Utilities Plant) – 12 months contract
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
- Construction Project Manager & function reports to Head of EHS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage & overall responsible for EHS related activities through life of project.
- Advise site management to discharge their statutory duties, particularly in the area of identification of workplace safety and health and environmental risks and in recommending and implementation of the necessary control measures.
- Interpreting, disseminating and implementing updated WSH act, environmental and other legal requirements;
- Conducting and review risk assessment and aspects and impacts analysis, recommendation of safety measures, safe work procedures and environmental matters;
- Maintaining EHS management system documents and ensuring enforcement;
- Act as Secretary for the EHS Committee;
- Monitoring and reporting EHS performance on a regular basis, including timely incident investigations and reporting;
- Developing, implementing and rehearsing emergency response plans and procedures;
- Conducting internal environmental, health and safety audits and recommending continual improvements for the sites;
- Qualifying contractors and suppliers in order to ensure that they comply with company’s site environmental, health and safety standards and policies;
- Ensuring up-to-date technical competency training for all site staff in safe work practices and procedures;
- Organising EHS outreach activities and promotional programmes;
- Responsible to meet all relevant legal and other requirements;
- Degree / Diploma in related Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant Health, Safety and Environmental working experience, preferably with min. 3 years of construction or pharmaceutical background
- Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officer with MOM and ECO with NEA
- Possess internal auditing skill on ISO 45001 & ISO 14001, ISO 9001 an advantage
- Detailed understanding and knowledge on WSH Act, environmental & other legal requirements
- Able to organize and carry out EHS-related trainings
- Able to establish and maintain a system of records and quality related documentation
- Able to attain all the necessary permits and licenses
- Good time management, leadership qualities and skills
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Environmental health and safety (EHS) Manager, Multi Utilities Plant -12 months contract (SEA)