Corporate Renewables Development Manager
Renewables are forecasted to account for a quarter of all the world's power generation by 2020, and a third by 2040. At ENGIE, we are committed to doubling our installed renewable energy generating capacity to 16,000 MW by 2025.
To fuel our business growth and expansion, we are looking for a talented, dynamic and outgoing business development professional to join us at ENGIE South East Asia (https://www.engie-sea.com/) as Head of Renewables (SEA). Base in Singapore, the incumbent will oversee the South East Asia regional renewables teams in the region covering Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
We are looking for a dynamic and outgoing business development manager to join us in the SG office, reporting to the Regional Head of Renewables, to expand this activity into South East Asia. You will join ENGIE in a region in full expansion and get to be part of a dynamic team set to grow exponentially over the years to come.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of an active pipeline and engagements plan of corporate renewable energy buyers, with a strong on sustainability (RE100, CDP, SGX)
- Negotiate corporate energy offtake agreements (PPA) sourced from a pipeline of internal and external originated projects.
- Based on a set of investment criteria, shortlist projects for advanced development either through tenders or direct bi-lateral development.
- Create a depository and Trade Renewable Energy Certificates (RECS) sourced locally or internationally.
- Prior experience in developing corporate Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) is a must
- Possess a strong network of corporate buyers
- Understanding of CDP and RE100 accounting rules
- Understanding of the energy regulatory frameworks in South East Asia to develop and approve PPA compliant to local regulation.
- Manage the commercial bid cycle with respect of internal approvals (up to highest levels) and management of external bid documents and submission respectful of quality of submission and deadlines.
- Multi-tasker with strong project management experience and proven capabilities including managing complex project development cycles with aggressive targets and deadlines. Experience in leading turnkey development from initiation to implementation.
- Strong commercial and technical acumen; capable to lead commercial negotiations and technically consolidate complex projects structure and approvals.
Other Skills critical to success
- Pragmatic thinker by default
- Outgoing and natural networker
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Operates in accordance with the 80/20 principle and set own priorities to meet your objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Understands the complexity of Multinational cooperation but willing to accept startup ambiguity of the newly developed department.
- Positive attitude and relationship builder to interact with internal and external business stakeholders to deliver bottom-line results
- Passionate about clean technology and energized by its complexity.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Corporate Renewables Development Manager (SEA)