Construction Project Manager (Multi Utilities Plant) – 15 months contract
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), a cluster under ENGIE Asia-Pacific, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Gas Distribution where currently we own a 40% stake in PTT NGD in Thailand, a business of gas distribution to the industrial sector.
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the performance of the project from HSE, Contract, Schedule and budget perspective through the life of the project.
The successful candidate shall be an experienced Project Manager, familiar with industry general practices and technologies, and with a proven record of planning and managing projects on time and within the budget.
Overall project management:
- Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during each project.
- Producing project execution plans
- Prepare and manage project budgets & schedules.
- Day to day management of the project and the project team when relevant
- Lead the HSE effort to ensure all project stakeholders are focus on the project objectives. Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
- Participate in negotiations and management for the establishment of contracts and agreements with:
- The client (energy supply agreement)
- The construction related agreements (EPC or construction contracts) - The consultants for Design/Engineering and Project Management support (Owner engineering or EPCM)
- Manage the contract with the support fo the legal team
Engineering, Procurement and Construction:
- With the support from the Regional Technical Offer and assigned Engineering Manager, manage the design phase performed by 3rd party engineering company.
- With the support from the Engineering Manager and the Procurement Team, manage the bidding process and award of the construction contracts
- Manage the permitting (application for permits and licenses, etc...) and the construction of the Project
- In collaboration with the appointed Owner Engineer and ENGIE’s local team, manage and follow-up the project construction.
Operation and Maintenance:
- In collaboration with the Local Operation Director put in place the organisation and operation team for a smooth handover to the Operation team.
- Contractors & Suppliers
- Developers and public authorities
- Internal (ENGIE) and external advisers (legal, technical, financial)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Degree in Thermal, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Min 5+ years’ experience in industry or energy project management with track record of success
- Solid understanding of Project Management process
- Strong understanding of Project Management process.
- Ability to problem solve both personnel issues and project issues
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills with constant attention to details.
- Self-disciplined and result-oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Legal and financial basic knowledges
- Local networks and government relationship management skills
- PMP® certification will be advantageous
- Proficiency on MS office suite, AutoCAD, MS Project
- Periodic travel in SEA countries
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com, quoting reference Construction Project Manager, Multi Utilities Plant -15 months contract (SEA)