Commercial Manager, Corporate Renewables
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia, a cluster under ENGIE Asia-Pacific, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and the Australia to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
We are looking for an energetic and methodical commercial manager to join our regional business development team in the Singapore office. You will join ENGIE in a region in full expansion and get to be part of a dynamic team set to grow exponentially over the years to come.
A Commercial Manager is sought to complement the region’s Corporate Renewables department overseeing ENGIE’s regional effort to offer client-centric energy solutions via green energy-as-a-service model to businesses and corporations. This position will be focused on supporting ENGIE’s strategic partnerships in the region by taking lead in identifying, structuring, and negotiating commercial solutions for the partners’ and their and ENGIE’s clients’ needs based on ENGIE Group’s guidelines and practices for developing renewable energy projects. A Commercial Manager will be performing financial analysis, preparing execution plans, and managing every aspect of a transaction all the way to completion and execution of the deal. As such, it is expected that the Commercial Manager will be able to lead transactions and execution processes, with a high degree of commercial judgment and analytical ability, competently managing all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, a Commercial Manager will take initiatives to industrialize and enhance efficiency of transaction processes and implement processes, guidelines, checklists, and templates, consistent to ENGIE Group’s general guidelines, to systematize, where appropriate, the flow of transactions and increase frequency of secured and executed projects.
A Commercial Manager will also support in developing a regional marketing platform to retail green electricity either through direct supply, RECS or VPPA from ENGIE developed assets to provide a natural hedge against the merchant exposure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involve, and eventually lead, in transactions from end-to-end, including deal sourcing, research, deal evaluation and structuring, financial analysis (including preliminary financial modelling), negotiations and deal execution.
- Prepare preliminary financial modelling, analyze and optimize technical and commercial assumptions, coordinate with ENGIE Group’s financial teams for detailed financial analysis and project economic modelling.
- Work with ENGIE’s and its partners’ local teams (execute partnerships where ENGIE’s not present) to comprehend regional and local regulatory environment and structure and execute deals and projects to suit them.
- Review and negotiate transaction-related documentation such as power purchase agreements, sale and purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, subcontracts and financing documents; and review (where appropriate) existing agreements (e.g. subcontracts) for commercial logic, red flags and adequacy.
- With the support of ENGIE’s technical, finance and legal teams, plan, prepare, and document project execution processes, identify efficiencies and industrialize work streams. Communicate and coordinate external and internal teams and service providers towards industrialized methods of performing the deliverables. Become responsible for their deliverables.
- Prepare marketing materials, binding offers, termsheets, and other materials as required, to existing ENGIE’s partners and potential clients.
- Prepare and contribute to presentations of investment opportunities to ENGIE’s and partners’ Investment Committees.
- Participate in and contribute fully to all reporting processes.
- Represent ENGIE in meetings with vendors, partners, co-shareholders, advisers, financiers and contractors on transactions where necessary.
- Resourceful, have sound financial grounding and strong business acumen.
- Understanding of legal documents and terminologies, and ability to identify key commercial terms and implications.
- High energy level, motivation and focus to make things happen within a lean and non-hierarchical environment with a fast paced, high growth and highly demanding culture.
- Able to work independently with minimal instructions and supervision in an ambiguous climate; to learn quickly on the job and grow the role.
- Demonstrate a highly organized, systematic, and forward-looking approach to undertaking key priorities, execution plans and stakeholder management.
- Strong presenter, confident in dealing with demanding set of audience including senior management teams.
- Able to contribute your opinions, ideas, and thoughts, and be engaged with the ENGIE’s and its partners’ teams.
- Experience in working and transacting deals through completion in the region (outside of Singapore) is a must.
- Be able to develop, dissect, and perform basic level of financial modelling using Excel-based programing
- Advanced level in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint (additional software, including SalesForce, are a plus)
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English
- Prior work experience in a consultancy, corporate finance or investment banking firms is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of solar power project development (land (or rooftop, as case may be), grid interconnection, permitting) is a plus.
- Singapore, Singapore
- Travel in the Asia Pacific region (Malaysia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, China and Australia) from time to time.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to Alicia.Tee@engie.com, quoting reference “Commercial Manager, Corporate Renewables, ENGIE SEA”.