At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), a cluster under ENGIE Asia-Pacific, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Gas Distribution where currently we own a 40% stake in PTT NGD in Thailand, a business of gas distribution to the industrial sector.
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The go-to person for direct tax, indirect tax, cross-border transactions, transfer pricing and M&A tax matter; such as tax, transfer pricing and GST compliance, reporting requirements, advise on annual tax computations and returns.
- Advise and support on transfer pricing compliance and documentation (including master file, local file and country-by-country reporting) ensuring compliance and supportable documentation.
- Assist with research and implementation of various tax strategies and planning; and making appropriate recommendations from a tax perspective.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensuring that tax needs are identified, considered and communicated.
- To establish and enhance the tax information system and framework.
- Manage and lead in all matters pertaining to EDB/ any tax grant compliance, planning and submissions.
- Maintaining strong relationships with external stakeholders
- Review of inter-company agreements for compliance and risk mitigation purposes
- Support with any other Tax matters and take on adhoc projects when required
- Preferably with a CA / CPA, and/or Tax qualified
- 7+ years of tax experience in broad range of tax matters including Transfer Pricing.
- Commercial tax and transfer pricing experience, if not from the Big 4 tax division
- Relevant tax and transfer pricing experience in a corporate environment and public accounting firm
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and organized with tax workpapers.
- Independent and able to manage multiple priorities, trouble-shoot, and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work as a team and interact with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Dynamic, driven, sharp, results-oriented and with strong understanding of business operations & key drivers
- Switched on and with a positive go-getting attitude towards learning and contributing
- Strong written and spoken English communications, to liaise with the regional and group level teams and relevant stakeholders
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Tax Manager (SEA)