Solar Project Manager
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), a cluster under ENGIE Asia-Pacific, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Gas Distribution where currently we own a 40% stake in PTT NGD in Thailand, a business of gas distribution to the industrial sector.
- Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) in Singapore.
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Manager is responsible for establishing the schedule and budget of commercial and utility-scale solar construction projects and ensures that milestones and deliverables are met through the life of the project.
The Project Manager could handle multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of development and construction.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Project Manager, familiar with solar general practices and technologies, and with a proven record of planning and managing projects on time and within the budget.
- Day to day management of assigned projects
- Producing project plans and project milestones
- Liaising with stakeholders to align the expectation of the project.
- Coordination of installation schedules; management of staffing to ensure on time completion and meeting budget allocated.
- Coordination of permitting for projects.
- Coordinate with development and engineering to develop preliminary design budget.
- Support bid packages and procure materials and services as needed.
- Create project budget based upon quotes and bids; track project costs.
- Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during each project.
- Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
- Maintaining records and databases
Experience and Interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of Project Management process.
- Ability to problem solve both personnel issues and project issues
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
- Self-starter with excellent presentation skills with constant attention to details.
- Self-disciplined and result-oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Education: Bachelor, Master’s degree in electrical engineering field or equivalent
- 3-5+ years’ experience in solar or renewable project management with track record of success
- Certification/Training/Languages: Fluent English required; regional languages a plus
- MS office suite
- AutoCAD, PVsyst
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Solar Project Manager (SEA)