Mechanical & Electrical Engineer (Multi Utilities Plant) – 15 months contract
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), a cluster under ENGIE Asia-Pacific, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Gas Distribution where currently we own a 40% stake in PTT NGD in Thailand, a business of gas distribution to the industrial sector.
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
- Construction Project Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implement day to day tasks and schedules and supervise the Multi Utilities Plant Engineering work for assigned projects including the management of time, cost and quality.
- Review the Electrical, MEP Services and Infrastructure drawings, reports and specifications submitted by the Design Consultant for each listed utility at each Design Stage to ensure completeness, correctness and compliance with the approved Scope of Work (SoW) and Client.
- Maintains overall knowledge of drawings, specifications, general contracts, and time schedules related to the various Electrical works.
- Ensures all Electrical design works are comprehensive and discussed with the various engineers for the best implementation and installation of services in coordination with other parties and contractor.
- Assess and seek clarification on constructability during early Design Stages
- Review in a timely manner the Design Consultant (s) submittals and return comments
- Attend Technical meetings with the Client, PM, Design and other Sub-Consultants and Contractors
- Review alternatives to the Design concept submitted by the Design Consultant (s)
- Review change requests / variations
- Review completeness of Tender Documents, ensuring full compliance with Client Requirements prior to issue
- Participate in the pre-qualification of construction contractors
- Participate in response to bidders clarifications and attend Technical meetings along with PM and Design Consultants bidders during Tender stage
- Review tenders, participate in tender assessments and assist with award of contract
- Participate as required in technical workshops along with PM, Design Consultants and Contractors, ensuring compliance.
- Participate as required with post contract site meetings
- Ensure that standard methodologies are applied for consistent and high quality ENGIE work experience’ to consultants, contractors and clients on assigned project sites on a daily basis.
- Progress the work of all day to day Multi Utilities Plant engineering construction based on project specifications and plans and within stipulated safety norms at a specific project site.
- Advise and monitor onsite subcontractors for installation of Multi Utilities Plant systems as per given plans and designs.
- Serve as the focal point for all daily matters concerning design, quality and documentation of Mechanical works.
- Develop and monitor daily conformance with the provisions of the project specifications, contract documents.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, systems interrelationships, construction sequencing, HSE specifications and project schedules to support project managers in timely completion of project.
- Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality.
- Review and resolve day to day contractors’ claims and complaints related to Mechanical work as may arise during construction and ensure that Subcontractors adhere to HSE regulations on the assigned project.
- Direct and control the activities of Multi Utilities Plant subcontractor to ensure alignment with ENGIE procedures/service agreements and ensure that MEP subcontractors provide technical submittals/ relevant documentation/records.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of Mechanical systems and oversee repairs and resolution of all Mechanical faults.
- Assist project teams in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules and prepare recommendations on claims - approval or rejection on assigned projects.
- Work with project team for carrying out various tasks such as documentation and project monitoring activities.
- Assist in development of RFPs/Tenders and as part of the procurement process for assigned project.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Construction Managers (onsite) to collate and analyse periodic reports to help MEP managers understand project performance against plans and drive remedial actions.
- Monitor estimates prepared by the QS/Cost Control and collate and analyse periodic progress reports to analyse performance
- Coordinate with QA and HSE teams to ensure compliance of all with all Quality and HSE requirements
- Collaborate with other construction engineering disciplines to enhance ENGIE`s overall solution.
- Obtain and communicate day to day feedback of Mechanical works and use the same to make appropriate modifications.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in project cost management.
- Adopt and adapt good practices from the industry into projects to ensure continuous improvement and upgrades.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Min. 7+ years working experience with 3 years holding the position of Project Engineer, Mechanical and Electrical.
- Experience with Multi Utilities Plant, MEP, HVAC&R specifically HT, LT and EELT, Piping, Heat Exchangers and Steam
- Knowledgeable on local & international standards and codes such as LEED USGBC, WELL, ASME, IEC, IEEE, NFPA, ASHRAE, AHRI, NEMA, NEBB, OSHA, SMACNA, ANSI and others.
- Familiar with project management and construction office tools like Primavera 6, MS Project, Autodesk, BIM, Aconex others.
- Be able to interpret various Utilities and technical drawings for Steam, Chilled Water, Pumps and Compressed Air
- Holding Singapore QP professional license or related affiliation
- Experienced at reporting and analysis. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their experience in presenting the reports to ENGIE`s Management Team.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Mechanical & Electrical Engineer, Multi Utilities Plant -15 months contract (SEA)