Head Of Human Resources
ENGIE is a world leader in low-carbon electricity production, centralized and decentralized energy networks, and associated energy efficiency services. The Group relies on its 4 key businesses - Renewables, Energy Solutions, Networks, Thermal & Supply, to help its customers meet their decarbonization goals. Part of the Energy Solutions business line, In Asia, we are a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with headquartered in Singapore and support operations in Malaysia, Philippines and Australia.
At ENGIE South East Asia (SEA), presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Our purpose is to act to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy by providing tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally friendly solutions. The purpose brings together the company, its employees, its customers and its shareholders, and reconciles economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. ENGIE’s actions are assessed in their entirety and over time.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Off-grid solutions to manage the demand-side of the Energy: Micro-grid, on-site Energy production (Biogas, Biomass, Electrical batteries, EV charging, Fuel-cells, Hydrogen…)
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM); the biggest portfolio being in Singapore with Healthcare, Aviation, Commercial & Industrial sectors
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
- Matrix reporting – organizationally to Entity Managing Director and functionally to Head of Regional HR, ENGIE SEA
This role supports the Integrated Facilities Management (FM) business, under ENGIE Services Singapore and ENGIE Property Services, based in Singapore.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in entity leadership meeting, execution, and achievement of shared KPIs and goals for in respect of business entity and HR functional.
- Provide strategic HR business planning, budgeting, operational and leadership of HR team for provision of HR support to office and job sites.
HR FUNCTIONAL (Full spectrum of HR functions including)
- Develop strategic plan, review/monitor, implement, measurement the achievement of set HR and business KPIs, in alignment with the direction of the business and functional directive from ENGIE SEA Regional Management Office, ENGIE AMEA (HR) & ENGIE GROUP HR.
- Lead and manage strategic and day-to-day HR operations for a headcount of more than 1000 employees to support business growth. This includes all HR functions including Recruitment, Training, Compensation & Benefits, HRIS, Payroll, Employee Engagement & Retention, Talent Management & Succession Planning, Ethics & Compliance and Industrial Relations.
- Plan/Review, develop and implement new HR policies to meet business needs and changing landscape of the Built Environment sector
- Work closely with Division Heads on manpower requirements, recruitment, and staff rotation
- Drive talent retention and talent management efforts to align with strategic priorities
- Manage Annual Performance & Salary Review exercise and regular benchmarking
- Oversee Learning & Development initiatives to build future-ready workforce and relevant skills inventory and competency to support the growth and transformation of the business.
- Oversee employee engagement initiatives and programmes to drive strong engagement across project sites for high performance and client satisfaction
- Provide guidance, advice, and training to manage performance and disciplinary issues at all levels
- Investigate and resolve complex or critical employee relations issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Build constructive union-management relationship and lead collective bargaining process with two unions
- Ensure that all information security management system related policies, procedures and specified requirements are implemented and complied to
- Assist in workplace investigation and ethics reporting.
- Routine Inquiry & Disciplinary matters, rewards strategies/schemes, and performance management.
- Park-take in Country, AMEA regional and Group level HR projects and directives for business alignment.
- Participate in additional tasks and projects assigned.
- Lead and coach HR team to deliver HR KPIs, support the business partnership and professional HR advisory support services to key stakeholders
- Lead, groom, train, develop and retain HR managers on HR skills, knowledge and competencies including key HR functions and skills/knowledge competencies
- Training and career development planning
- Degree in Human Resource/Business Management or any equivalent discipline. Masters will be an added advantage
- Strong HR practitioner with strong foundation and well-verse in local HR Employment Acts, Industrial Relations Acts and updated with prevailing statutory requirements and compliance.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in HR leadership and business partnership in a large organization of more than 1,000 staff and preferably with experience in a matrix reporting organisation
- Experience in maintaining cordial working relations with unions towards building harmonious industrial relations, and successful execution of collective agreement and negotiations in a labour-intensive environment
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills (internally & externally) across organizations, functions, and customer sites
- Good people leadership skills – ability to lead, grow, inspire, and motivate a strong HR team.
- Strategic thinker, analytical, problem solver and at the same time being hands-on, resourceful, and highly adaptable
- Has a good safety mindset, advocator and walk the talk for good WSH behaviour
- Present disposition and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work across all organizational levels
- Ability to build and drive a positive workplace culture, productivity, and energy.
- Strong communication skills – verbal & written in English.
- Ability to handle conflicts, demands and work under pressure for fulfilment of job requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about people, planet (net carbon transition) and profit
- Goal getter, achievement-oriented and strong performer.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com, quoting reference “Head of Human Resources, ENGIE SEA”.