Contract Manager (Multi Utilities Plant) – 15 months contract
ENGIE Group is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. In response to the urgency of climate change, our purpose is to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy "as a service" for our customers, global companies, and local authorities. We rely on our key activities (renewable energy, gas, services) to offer competitive turnkey solutions.
ENGIE Services Philippines is one of the entities under ENGIE South East Asia, a cluster with a fast-growing team of over 2,000 employees with presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines to provide tailor-made integrated solutions for our customers in commercial buildings, industries, and cities.
Using globally leading technologies, we create innovative energy and smart solutions that enhance the performance of homes, business, community, and make the world a better place. We act throughout the value chain: strategy, design, engineering, energy-efficient asset construction, digital platforms, operations management, financing syndication and outcome assurance.
Our main growth drivers are:
- Energy Efficiency Performance Contracts (EEPC) where we sell utilities to our Clients (Chilled Water, Compressed Air, Steam, Hot Water)
- District Cooling Systems (DCS) with 5 existing plants in Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore with several other projects under study regionally
- Renewable Energy with >150MW of Rooftop and Large-Scale Solar and has developed a 1 GW pipe and ambition to take leadership position in Malaysia and the Philippines
- Gas Distribution where currently we own a 40% stake in PTT NGD in Thailand, a business of gas distribution to the industrial sector.
- Integrated Facilities Management (FM).
- Acquisition of companies in South East Asia in various fields (DCS, FM, M&E Construction, Data Center, Refrigeration, and the like)
The Contract Manager is responsible for managing all contracts the bid team is negotiating and entering. The individual need to be knowledgeable about the details and benefits of contracts as well as potential disadvantages.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring the portfolio of contracts in the business follows contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with internal standard procedures.
- Reviewing and commenting on commercial and technical tender terms and conditions.
- Identifying the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlighting areas of potential risk. Ensuring timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts (i.e. payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.)
- Verifying that both parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding. Documenting and communicating to all appropriate parties any deficiencies found as part of the closeout process
- Supporting drafting of Contracts and Subcontracts and ensuring that relevant (sub) contracts contain appropriate contract terms
- Perform or oversee submissions by quantity surveyor, project controller, external consultants on contract administration matters, such as assessing contractors' claims for progress claim, variation works, extension of time, final account and handling of contractual disputes
- Maintain detailed and organized filing for each contract through compilation of original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications
- Monitor expiry dates of term contracts to ensure timely renewal
- Support pre- and post-tender activities including preparation of tender and documents, certification and negotiation of claims, and contract administration work
- Diploma, Bachelors’ degree in Engineering / Quantity Surveying or its equivalent or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous and attentive to details
- Comprehensive understanding of the contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, construction sequencing and project schedule
To apply for this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference Contract Manager, Multi Utilities Plant-15 months contract (SEA)